- ESWeek 2014 will be held in New Delhi, India, from 12-17 October 2014.
- Oct 2013: Slides for the Industrial Panel on "System-level Design and High-level Synthesis" have been posted.
- Oct 2013: Best Paper Awards announced!
- September 2013: Two free ARM University Program Embedded Tutorials announced!
- August 2013: Industrial Panels announced!
- Aug 2013: 3 Keynotes announced!
- July 2013: Conference registration is now open. Early bird registration deadline is Sept 06, 2013.
- July 2013: Advance program is now online.
- June 2013: Hotel Reservation at conference location, Montréal Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel at discounted room rate of $179.00 is now open.
- March 2013: Follow the link to the specific conference for paper submission. Abstract should be in plain text with less than 300 words.
- Jan 2013: ESWEEK webpage launched
About Embedded Systems Week
Embedded Systems Week (ESWEEK) is the premier event covering all
aspects of embedded systems and software. By bringing together three leading conferences (CASES,
CODES+ISSS, and EMSOFT), two symposia (ESTIMedia and RSP) and several
workshops and tutorials, ESWeek allows attendees to benefit from a wide
range of topics covering the state of the art in embedded systems
research and development.
One registration, three conferences
Registered attendees will be allowed to attend sessions in the other conference and tutorials for free: CASES 2013, CODES+ISSS 2013, EMSOFT 2013. Please note that symposia and workshops may require separate registration.
||International Conference on Compilers, Architecture, and Synthesis for Embedded Systems
||International Conference on Hardware - Software Codesign and
||International Conference on Embedded Software
- ESTIMedia: IEEE Symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia
- RSP: IEEE International Symposium on Rapid System Prototyping
- Monday Keynote: Cyber Physical Systems: Systems Engineering of Industrial Embedded Systems - Barriers, Enablers and Opportunities
Speaker: Clas A. Jacobson, Chief Scientist, United Technologies Systems & Controls Engineering
- Tuesday Keynote: High-Performance, Scalable, General-Purpose Processors to Accelerate High-Throughput Networking and Security Applications
Speaker: Richard Schooler, Vice President Software Engineering, Tilera Corp.
- Wednesday Keynote: Low-Power High-Performance Asynchronous Processors
Speaker: Michel Laurence, CEO and Co-Founder, Octasic Inc.
- Industry Panel 1 (Monday): "System-Level Design and High-Level Synthesis"
Organizer and Moderator: Andreas Gerstlauer (Univ. of Texas);
Speakers: Yatin Hoskote (Intel), Rishiyur Nikhil (Bluespec), John Sanguinetti (Forte), and Andres Takach (Calypto).
Slides: Gerstlauer, Hoskote, Nikhil, Takach
- Industry Panel 2 (Tuesday): "Safety critical and Mixed Critical Systems Research - Are we Addressing the Right Challenges?"
Organizer and Moderator: Rolf Ernst (TU Braunschweig);
Speakers: James Anderson (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Madeleine Faugere (Thales Corporate Research), Chris Hobbs (QNX), Nikolay Stoimenov (ETH) and Dirk Ziegenbein (Bosch Corporate Research).
- Industry Panel 3 (Tuesday): "Modeling Complex Industrial Systems".
Organizer and Moderator: Alessandro Pinto (UTRC);
Speakers: Alberto Ferrari (Ales), Pieter Mosterman (The Mathworks), and Claudio Pinello (UTRC)
- Tutorial 1: Methodologies and Tools for Embedded Multisensory Systems Based on ARM Cortex-M Processors
Organizer and Speaker: Zeljko Zilic (McGill University, Canada)
Format: Full-day; Lectures/Labs
- Tutorial 2:AADLv2, an Architecture Description Language for the Analysis and Generation of Embedded Systems
Organizers and Speakers: Jérôme Hugues (ISAE/DMIA, Toulouse, France) and Frank Singhoff (UBO/Lab-STICC, Brest, France)
Format: Half-day; Lectures and tools
- Tutorial 3: Cross-Layer Reliability Modeling and Optimization for Embedded Systems under Process Variations
Organizers and Speakers: Muhammad Shafique (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany), Puneet Gupta (University of California - Los Angeles, US), Hiren Patel (University of Waterloo, Canada), and Siddharth Garg (University of Waterloo, Canada)
Format: Half-Day; Lectures, demos of tools
- Tutorial 4: Mixed-Criticality Systems: Design and Certification Challenges
Organizers: Madeleine Faugère (Thales Research and Technology, France), Nikolay Stoimenov (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), Lothar Thiele (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
Speakers: Madeleine Faugere (Thales Research and Technology, France), James Anderson (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US), Claire Pagetti (Onera, France), Pierre Bieber (Onera, France), Virginie Wiels (Onera, France), and Marc Gatti (Thales Avionics, France)
Format: Half-day; Lectures
ARM Embedded Tutorials [pdf]
Note: ARM embedded tutorials are free but require a specific registration (as
part of the general ESWeek registration) due to space limitations.
- Embedded Tutorial #1: Teaching Embedded System Design and Optimization with ARM Cortex-M0+ Microcontrollers
Speakers: Alexander G. Dean (North Carolina State University) and Khaled Benkrid (ARM University Program)
When: Monday, September 30th from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.
- Embedded Tutorial #2: mbed Hands-On Instructor Workshop
Speakers: James Hamblen (Georgia Institute of Technology) and Khaled Benkrid (ARM University Program)
When: Wednesday, October 2nd from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
- EON 2013: Optimization of Computing at the Edge of the Network
Organizer(s): Shahrokh Daijavad and Seraphin Calo (both at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center)
- MCES 2013: Workshop on Many-Core Embedded Systems
Organizers: Dr. Yassine Hariri (CMC Microsystems, Canada), and Dr. Pierre Paulin (STMicroelectronics, Canada)
- WSS 2013: Workshop on Software Synthesis
Organizers: Peter Marwedel (TU Dortmund, Germany), and Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli(UC Berkeley, USA)
- WESE 2013: Workshop on Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems Education
Organizers: Chair Peter Marwedel (TU Dortmund, Germany), Kenneth Ricks (The University of Alabama, USA), and Jeff Jackson (The University of Alabama, USA)
- WESS 2013: Workshop on Embedded Systems Security
Organizers: Catherine Gebotys (University of Waterloo, Canada), Dimitrios Serpanos (University of Patras, Greece), and Marilyn Wolf (Georgia Tech, US)
- BES 2013: Benchmarking of Embedded Systems Workshop
Organizers: Sebastian Fischmeister (University of Waterloo), Peter A. Stokes (CMC Microsystems), Shay Gal-On (EEMBC), and Darshika G. Perera (CMC Microsystems)
- MeAOW 2013: Memory Architecture and Organization Workshop
Organizers: Nikil Dutt (University of California, Irvine, USA), and Chun Jason Xue (City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
- SEC 2013: First International Workshop on the Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud
Organizers: General Chair Jan Rabaey (UC Berkeley, USA), Co-Chair Prabal Dutta(Univ. of Michigan, USA), and Co-Chair and George Pappas (Univ. of Pennsylvania, USA)
- CASA 2013: Workshop on Compiler Assisted SoC Assembly
Organizers: Brett H. Meyer (McGill University, Canada)
Call for Participation
Student Travel Grant
March 29, 2013
April 05, 2013
11:59 PM, Aleutian Islands Time
Full Paper Submission
April 05, 2012
April 12, 2013
11:59 PM, Aleutian Islands Time
Notification of Acceptance
July 05, 2013
July 26, 2013
August 02, 2013
Early Registration Deadline
Sept 06, 2013
Sept 29 - Oct 04, 2013
Lodging / Travel